what this course will teach you...
- Introduction and Getting Organized to Write
- Exploring Your Own Writing Style
- What to do with Initial Story Ideas
- Understanding Your Audience
- Discovering Tropes & Universal Fantasies
- Designing Your Character:
- Every day facts
- Physical description
- Emotional Wound and Backstory - what drives your character?
- Character ARC - what is your character's journey?
- Building Your Imaginary World:
- Side Characters - creating balance in your world
- Villains - understanding how the bad guys think
- Setting - Environment - how this can impact your story
- Setting - Symbols - how to use these effectively to add power to your prose
- Story Structure:
- Overview - understanding the bigger picture
- Act I - drawing your reader in
- Act II - keeping your reader engaged
- Act III - leaving your reader feeling satisfied
- First Draft Writing:
- Various way to start your story
- Understanding "show don't tell"
- How to write engaging dialogue
- Ways to build tension and maintain conflict
- Creating a story map
- Does your story structure work?
- Does your writing keep the readers attention?
- Are you descriptions interesting?
- What beta readers and editors can do for you.
- What to do with the feedback you're given.
- Where to next?
- How to format the final copy
- How to write a synopsis
- How to write a blurb
- How to write a submission proposal
- How do get started with self-publishing
If you'd prefer to talk about only a few aspects of the above curriculum, you're welcome to purchase a one-off coaching session instead.
$150 - One Hour Coaching session
$250 - One hour + 5 chapter review
$300 - 3 x One Hour Coaching Session
$500 - 3 x One hour + 15 chapter review
$750 - Full manuscript review with detailed feedback - written & discussed. (Limit of ONE per month.)